Play later syncing/Gold membership questions

Just upgraded to the gold tier and I’m just getting adjusted to some of the features and I had a couple of questions/concerns:

Played episodes across devices stay on play later, despite being marked as played. Not a major issue just a bit messy when looking at my history.

Are new downloads only compressed while charging?

Could some sort of progress be shown for compression? I can see that files increasing in my directory but it might be a nice touch.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Hi @walter1124 - First of all, thanks for upgrading to premium!

As to your concerns:

Played episodes across devices stay on play later, despite being marked as played. Not a major issue just a bit messy when looking at my history.

You can make the app auto-remove played episodes from Play Later/ To do this, simply go to Settings > Downloads, and enable [Auto-remove episodes from Play Later when played].

Are new downloads only compressed while charging?

Episodes are immediately compressed after they’re downloaded.

Could some sort of progress be shown for compression? I can see that files increasing in my directory but it might be a nice touch.

We’ll take this as a suggestion, and have it considered in future updates. Thanks.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply. I should have been clearer on my first point. I have everything set up as you say. Played episodes are deleted across devices but they remain a part of play later. It’s really just a nuisance as having gold has removed my main use of that Playlist. You can see more clearly in the picture. The played episodes from play later were played on a different device.

Thanks for the additional info @walter1124.

May we confirm if those played episodes no longer show up on Play Later on the device where you played them (i.e. they only show up in your other device)? We can further check this for you by sending logs in Settings > Help > [Contact us]. We look forward to receiving your report soon.

Cheers.

Yes, on the original device play later status has been removed. On the other, the episodes are played but retain play later status. If I show played episodes they are in fact still there

@walter1124 I see - thanks for confirming. Have you already sent logs to us?
Cheers.

Sorry I was away for some time. Yes I just sent over my logs for both my phone and my tablet.

Thanks, @walter1124. With your reply, I suppose we can assume you’re still experiencing the issue then…?
Cheers.

That is a safe assumption, the first picture is from my phone and shows episodes played on my tablet. The second picture is the inverse.

Thanks for your reply, @walter1124.
Your screenshots seem to have been generated from the History screen. May we confirm if the episodes with pin icon are also visible when you access the Play Later screen?

Cheers.

Just turned show played on and yes they are there

Thanks for confirming, @walter1124.
One last question: may we know the e-mail address you used in sending logs?

Cheers.

I inadvertently sent them from my secondary address, wsmith1124@gmail.com

Thanks for the info @walter1124.